Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Eternal Wait

"Do you realize how late you are? And do you have any idea, how much I waited for you.  Whenever I heard the swooshing of the wind, I turned around hoping it was the sound the wind made against your skirt. When the cows were returning home and their bells chimed, I desperately searched for you, hoping the sound came came from your anklets. And when this Yamuna, played with its waves creating ripples galore, I looked for the reflection of your smile in the water, but I found nothing."

"And Radha, when I was playing my flute and calling out to you, my heart ached with each note, hoping you will listen to the pain and come running, but you didn't!"

"But, Kanha, I came running to you as soon as I could finish my chores. I had so much work at home, I had to finish everything and only then was I allowed to come here."

"I don't know any of that. It was so painful, to wait for you. One day when I leave Gokul, you will know what waiting is"

And he did leave, one day, forever - never to come back again. And Radha wondered, what was her fault. Why was Kanha being so cruel to her. Why does she have to wait for eternity...

No comments:

Post a Comment